An initiative connecting Harvard University alumni with organizations leading the way globally for women's empowerment
GlobalWE Connect is a new initiative that connects Harvard University alumni with organizations leading the way globally for women’s empowerment in the arts, social services, education, health, economic development, entrepreneurship, policy, STEM, and other fields. GlobalWE Connect provides a forum for discussion with these organizations and hosts a Women’s Empowerment Expo, which enables these organizations to engage with Harvard University alumni and students as well as professors, staff, and other members of the Harvard University community who seek internship, volunteer, mentorship, career exploration, and charitable giving opportunities.
2021 Women's Empowerment Expo
The 2021 Women’s Empowerment Expo will be held in a virtual format over the course of two Saturdays in April on the topics of health (April 17th) and education (April 24th).
To learn more about volunteering with Connect, please contact Barbara Barreno-Paschall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past Participating Organizations
The following is a list of past participating organizations in the Women's Empowerment Expo. If you know of an organization that might wish to participate in a future Women's Empowerment Expo, or if you are a part of an organization looking for further information or to register as a participant, please contact: email@example.com.
- Alumnae-i Network for Harvard Women
- Asian University for Women Support Foundation (AUWSF)
- blueEnergy Group
- Cambridge Women's Center
- Center for Renewable Energy and Appropriate Technology for the Environment (CREATE!)
- The Center for Reproductive Rights
- Circle of Women
- EcoLogic Development Fund
- Empowerment Through Integration
- Four 94
- Girl Be Heard
- Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts
- Girl Up
- Girls Health Champions
- Girls' LEAP
- Girls on the Run Greater Boston
- Harvard GlobalWE
- Heartland Alliance
- International Collaborative for Science, Education, and the Environment / Maasai Stoves & Solar Project
- International Institute of Connecticut
- Kenya Self-Help Project
- Kupona Foundation
- Mothers for Justice and Equality
- New England International Donors
- Plan International USA
- She's the First
- SPEAK Mentorship
- Strong Women, Strong Girls
- Studio Samuel
- Urbanity Dance
- Tell Every Amazing Lady About Ovarian Cancer / Louisa M. McGregor Ovarian Cancer Foundation
- WEEMA International
- Women for Women International
GlobalWE highly encourages our members to do their own reasearch before getting involved in any organization unaffiliated with Harvard. Harvard GlobalWE does not advocate a specific ideology or agenda; the views expressed and actions taken by the organizations listed on this page are independent of Harvard University and Harvard GlobalWE.
Join Team Connect
The Connect team is looking for volunteers to join the team. Areas of support include: organizational outreach, marketing, communications, and event logisitics. We appreciate any time you can afford to support this new initiative.
If you are interested in joining the Connect team, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.